This Privacy Notice (this “Notice”) describes the type of information that Field Day Community Investments, Inc., doing business as Field Day (“Field Day,” “we,” “us,” or “our”), collects through your use of our service(s) provided through Field Day’s website, https://www.heyfieldday.com/, and all other Field Day downloadable software, mobile applications, tablet applications, web applications, and other online and offline services, if any (collectively, the “Service”). This Notice does not apply to information collected about you through any other means.
This Notice covers:
- What Personal Information is collected by Field Day through the Service.
- How Field Day uses this Personal Information.
- With whom Field Day may share Personal Information.
- What choices are available to you with respect to the collection, use and sharing of your Personal Information.
- What types of security procedures are in place to protect against the loss or misuse of your Personal Information under our control.
By accessing or using the Service, you consent to our use of your Personal Information as described in this Notice. “Personal Information” for purposes of this Notice is the information that identifies you as an individual or relates to you as an identifiable person.
A. Information We Collect
We collect information from you in two ways. First, you may provide us with certain information when you submit forms, request information, register as a user, upload information or content, or otherwise contact us through the Service. Second, we collect certain information as you use the Service.
1. Information You Provide to Us
We may collect Personal Information from you when you submit forms, register as a user, upload information or content, or request information through the Service. If you do not want us to collect this information, please do not provide it. We directly collect the following types of information that you provide to us:
- Identifying information. We may collect Personal Information, including your name, email address, phone number, credit card information, and mailing address.
- User generated content. When you provide comments or feedback or make submissions of content or information using the Service, including video or images, we may collect that content and associate it with you.
- Customer service interactions. To ensure the quality of your interactions with our personnel, we may monitor, document and retain communications between you and our personnel.
2. Information We Collect from You When You Use the Service
When you use the Service, we collect information about the particular ways in which you use the Service. The following is a summary of the types of information we collect when you use the Service:
We collect information about your activity through the Service. For example, we may collect information about:
- the web pages you visit;
- the date and time of your visit to or use of the Service;
- your usage and activity data related to the Service;
- your browser type;
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or mobile device to the Internet;
- your computer or mobile device and connection information, such as your browser type and version, operating system, and platform; and
- your device identifier.
We (or service providers on our behalf) may collect the above information through the use of technologies, including “cookies” and “web beacons,” which automatically collect information from you when you use the Service.
Cookies are small amounts of data that are stored within your Internet browser, which save and recognize your browsing habits. We may use both session cookies (which track a user’s progression during one site visit) and persistent cookies (which track a user over time). Web beacons are web page elements that can recognize certain types of information on your computer or mobile device, such as the time and date you viewed a page, which emails are opened, which links are clicked, and similar information.
The following is a list of cookies that we currently use:
Universal Analytics (Google) _ga (this is a Google Analytics persistent cookie used to distinguish unique users)
Universal Analytics (Google) _gid (this is a cookie installed by Google Analytics and is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how a website is doing)
Universal Analytics (Google) _gat (this Google Analytics cookie used to throttle request rate)
When you use the Service we may collect information about your location. With your permission, we may also collect information about your precise location using methods that include GPS, wireless networks, cell towers, Wi-Fi access points, and other sensors.
We may further collect user location data using a Geolocation API which requests location information from your browser, provided that, you must first provide your permission for us to collect this information.
B. “Do Not Track” Requests
Your Internet browser and mobile device may allow you to adjust your browser settings so that “do not track” requests are sent to the websites you visit. IF YOU DO NOT WANT US TO AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT INFORMATION FROM YOU WHEN YOU USE THE SERVICE, EITHER NOW OR FOR FUTURE BROWSING SESSIONS, REFRAIN FROM USING THE SERVICE. WE DO NOT CURRENTLY RESPOND TO DO NOT TRACK (“DNT”) SIGNALS.
C. How We Use the Information We Collect
We may use information collected from or about you for any of the following purposes:
- developing, providing and improving the Service and/or Field Day’s other products and/or services;
- assisting with the provision of services and fulfillment of any orders or requests for information made through the Service;
- sending you information and marketing and promotional materials about our products and services and the Service, as well as our company in general;
- responding to information requests;
- complying with regulatory requirements for the maintenance of records;
- conducting internal reviews of the Service (including conducting user surveys used as part of internal reviews) to help us better understand visitors’ and customers’ uses of the Service;
- protecting the security and integrity of the Service;
- complying with court orders and legal process, and to enforce this Notice; and
- any other legal, business or marketing purposes that are not inconsistent with the terms of this Notice.
D. How We Share Your Information with Third Parties
We may share the Personal Information we collect in connection with the Service with third parties, as described below:
- Third Parties Who Provide Services or Information Through the Service
We may share your Personal Information with third parties who provide third party products or services or information through the Service. Such third parties may use the information to fulfill product or service orders, develop and improve their products or services, and contact you about product or service orders, future products or services, or their company in general.
2. Service Providers
We may share your Personal Information with our third party vendors, suppliers and other service providers who provide services to us or on our behalf, such as operating and supporting the Service, performing marketing or consulting services, assisting us with the preparation and mailing of our business and marketing communications, and with processing and fulfillment functions. Examples of such third parties include website developers, hosting service providers, and auditors. We require that these third party service providers only use your Personal Information to provide services to us or on our behalf.
3. Third-Party Analytics Providers
We may share Personal Information with our advertising and analytics partners, such as Google Analytics. The privacy policies of these third party companies apply to their collection, use and disclosure of your information. These third parties may combine your information with the information of other consumers for purposes of conducting studies and/or analytics. For more information about Google Analytics, including how to opt out, please go to: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
4. Our Affiliates
We may share some or all of your information with our subsidiaries and corporate affiliates, joint venturers, or other companies that are or may become under common control with us. We will require these entities to comply with the terms of this Notice with regard to their use of your Personal Information.
5. Transfer or Assignment in Connection with Business Transfers or Bankruptcy
6. Response to Subpoenas or Court Orders, or Protection of Our Rights
We may disclose your information to government authorities or third parties if:
- you have given us permission to share your information;
- we are required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order;
- we believe in our sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect against fraud, or to protect our property or other rights, or those of third parties, or the public at large; or
7. Aggregate Information
We may share aggregated or de-identified information without restriction.
E. How Long We Retain Your Information
We retain Personal Information for a reasonable time period to provide the Service. Personal Information is then archived for time periods required or necessitated by law or legal considerations. When archival use is no longer required, Personal Information is deleted from our records.
We retain your account information, including Personal Information in your profile, while your account is active. If you delete your account, your account information will be deleted. We may also choose to delete your account if it has remained inactive for an extended time period. Please note we may retain your information, including Personal Information, within our internal systems for backup, audit, or other purposes.
F. Your Choices
We provide the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us and our partners at the point where we request information about you. In addition, you may unsubscribe or opt out of receiving communications from us by clicking the unsubscribe link on any email marketing communication you receive.
You may also opt-out of our automatically collecting information from you, as described above.
Note that even if you opt out from receiving communications from us, we reserve the right to send further communications to you for the sole purpose of processing or fulfilling any orders or support requests you made to us prior to opting out.
G. How We Protect Your Information
We have implemented commercially reasonable measures designed to secure your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. However, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. You acknowledge that: (a) the limitations of the Internet are beyond our control; (b) the security, integrity and privacy of information and data exchanged between you and us cannot be guaranteed; and (c) any such information and data may be viewed or tampered with in transit by a third party. Field Day has no responsibility or liability for the security of information transmitted via the Internet.
H. California’s Shine the Light Law
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits any users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge.
I. Correcting/Updating Your Information
You may have the right to access the Personal Information we collect about you. You may also have the right to correct any errors contained in that information. For details, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
J. No Use by Children
We do not knowingly collect contact information from children under the age of 13 without verifiable parental consent. If we become aware that a visitor under the age of 13 has submitted Personal Information without verifiable parental consent, we will remove his or her information from our files.
K. Use of Information Outside Your Country of Residence
The Service is directed to users located in the United States. If you are located outside of the United States and choose to use the Service or provide your information to us, you should be aware that we may transfer your information to the United States and process it there. The privacy laws in the United States may not be as protective as those in your jurisdiction. Your consent to this Notice followed by your submission of information to us through or in connection with the Service represents your agreement to the transfer of your information to the United States.
L. Changes to This Privacy Notice
We may change this Notice from time to time. If we decide to make a material change to this Notice, we will post it on this page. Your continued use of the Service after the posting of changes to this Notice will mean you accept these changes. In some cases, we may attempt to contact you through an email or other address you have provided, so we can give you choices about our using your information in a manner different from that stated at the time of collection. If we make any material changes in our privacy practices that affect your Personal Information that is already in our possession, we will apply those changes to that older information only with your consent or as otherwise allowed by law.
M. Contact Us
If you have any questions about this Notice or our use of the information we collect from you in connection with the Service, email us at email@example.com.